Saturday, June 16, 2012

Event #31 tomorrow

It's been awhile since my last event. I'm excited for Event #31 tomorrow. I've been chomping at the bit for over a week now to get back in a tournament, and tomorrow is my opportunity! A little break in between events is always good. It gives me time to reflect on the tournaments I've played, discuss hands, and improve as a tournament player. Tomorrow is a standard format $1500 buyin tournament. The entry pool should be substantial since it falls on a weekend.

Since my last tournament, a lot has happened. I want to congratulate my friend from Sacramento Gregg Wilkinson. Gregg final tabled last weekends $1500 buyin event. When everything was said and done, he finished in 5th place and took home just over $128,000! Great job by him. My Mom and Step-Dad Terry came to visit this past Sunday and were here til Wednesday. We hung out a few days and had a great time. It was nice to get away from poker for a few days and refresh. Also, very nice to have visitors. We hung out on Fremont Street and had a fun day at the pool.

The cash games have been going well, aside from a couple poor nights, which are to be expected. I am winning for the trip in cash games, which is important to help supplement all of the expenses associated with being out here for an extended period of time.

Everyone please look for an update tomorrow night to recap Day one for this event. I'm excited, refreshed, and prepared to take advantage of all opportunities that present themselves to me tomorrow. Now, have to get a great night's rest. Goodnight All!

"It takes more courage to reveal insecurities than to hide them, more strength to relate to people than to dominate them, more manhood to abide by thought out principles rather than blind reflex. Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles and an immature mind." -Alex Karras

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.